Monday, July 25, 2016

My new favorite art style



Zentangle Inspired Art Wolf



The Zentangle Art Craze

     With the adult coloring book craze, there has been another craze coming about, zentangle doodles and zentangle inspired art. Zentangles are doodles done following different patterns. They are always done as squares and always black and white. Zentangle inspired art, is a little more lenient and you can use the zentangle patterns to create objects such as animals, flowers scenery and more.


Zentangle Patterns


     I have done two completed zentangle inspired art pieces so far, a wolf and an elephant. I also did them digitally. Traditionally, zentangles are done with pen or markers on cardstock or fine art paper. I am a digital artist, so naturally I would want to do these digitally.


     Well I did run into a few hiccups along the way, Since zentangle art is very detailed, zooming in to get those tiny details proved to be a problem, at least in most regular art apps. My go to app is Procreate. I love its versatility and intuitive design. It is a regualr art app however and zooming in to the level I wanted, produced some heavy pixelization. I went on the hunt and found out I needed a vector app to do away with the pixelization. Enter in the app, Concepts. Concepts is a wonderful vector and sketching app. I did my zentangle wolf almost entirely in Concepts. I did hit an issue however, I hit the memory cap on my iPad Air 2 and once that happened, Concepts became very unstable and crashed. I was almost done at that point, so imported my zentangle wolf back into Procreate to finish off the last few tangles and too add color which I am currently doing. This will be my workflow for now and I will try to reduce memory usage as much as I can to prevent the crashing.

    I love zentangle art and coloring in my creations are even more fun, you will probably see many more zentangle inspired art pieces from me in the future.

Thanks for looking!

--Becky Herrera
www.beckysdigitalart.com

Zentangle Inspired Art Elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment